Friday, February 5, 2010

Rabbit

This is a picture from November of Mike with Daisy.  Daisy needs to have babies so lets all cross our fingers together.  She and Xeno are hanging out lately.  You know all those phrases about rabbits.....they are all true.  

This is also Mike with a beard... its gone, though I did like it.. gave him that hippie farmer look.

We've got 1 spot left for the CSA and we are closed for the season.
I have onions and leek seedlings growing right now.  Also some more strawberries for 2011 and rhubarb for 2011.  

I'm going to enlist all the CSA members in an experiment.  I've read that a good way to store fresh greens is to take 2 cotton woven dish towels and sew them together and use that as your storage for greens.   You just wet the towels lightly and then they stay crisp.  So I am sewing up lettuce bags for all of you to try this concept out.  It will save on plastic bags and be a little more 'green' so we'll see how it goes.  You will all have your own set of dish towel bags and you'll just have to do me a favor and wash them before you return them.  So I'll have a set of 8 or so bags for each of you with your name on the drawstring.  

2 comments:

SteveandAlina said...

those lettuce bags sound very neat!

Wren said...

Great blog!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time