Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not quite Outstanding in the Field

If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say Outstanding in the Field then click the link and find out. We need to attend a dinner sometime when they are close to us. Great stuff happening with them.

This is my humble version. I bought a picnic table recently (actually I bought 2 to the dismay of my husband-- hey- when we have lots of people over for dinner we'll use both of them...).
My favorite thing has been to eat meals outside under the tree and look out onto the pasture.

If you come over and work a long hard day at the farm--- you may get to eat a meal on this picnic table! Grass fed burgers with onion, pepper, parsley was served with asian greens (instead of lettuce- try it out it was a fun change), cantalope, watermelon and a few other leftovers from lunch.

3 comments:

LindaG said...

Sounds delicious! How do you deal with insects when you eat outside?

Toni aka irishlas said...

Looks good to me! I mean, it is nice I guess to have the perfectly set table, but, I'd rather have great companionship and good food over aesthetics anyday!

I forgot to mention that I'm learning to drive our tractor too. Now if I could just figure out how to move the seat up ;-)

Best Affiliate Program said...

I enjoyed every bit of your article. It is very informative and helpful to me as well as to all the commentators. Thanks for taking the time to discuss on this. I will love to read more from you.
Best Affiliate Program.