Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Green Akeys Family Farm and The Dukan Diet

I had no idea what the Dukan Diet was until I heard that Kate's mother is on this diet. And yes, I did watch the wedding last week-- loved it!
So I had to read about this diet, what is it all about? (disclaimer- I work for the company that publishes this book)

The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever [Book]

Ah-- all about proteins again. Serious protein phase then slowly add back veggies and other good items in the last phases.

So what does this all have to do with Green Akeys Family Farm?

Well, as part of the diet you need to eat lean meats. Where can you get lean meats? At Green Akeys Family Farm of course! Dr Dukan says that lamb is prohibited in phase 1 of the diet but he hasn't seen or eaten our grass fed lamb- he'd change his mind if he saw it and tested it out. But our grass fed beef fits right into this program as well as chickens and turkey.


And what else should you eat on this diet? Eggs-- eggs from hens raised on pasture would be the best. So yet again our farm is down with all the latest buzz out there in the real world. :)
I'm thinking of trying out the diet and seeing what it does for me. We had a little too much fun making and eating goat cheese this winter and consequently I did gain weight over the winter. So back to lean proteins and veggies.... I know where to get them!

4 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Amazing isn't it how so many of us farmers have ALL we need right here on our own land. I keep asking myself "WHY are you even in this grocery store ?" Laziness is usually the answer. Love animal pics. Keep up the great blogging.

Unknown said...

You are not alone! Saw the segment on Dr. Oz with the other three Doctors - discussion on the Dukan Diet. I'm going to unleash the vibes in this house beginning on the 15th!

Annette said...

Well, 5 days of only eating protein and I have to say I feel fabulous. I went through two hunger pangs but then none after those. I know I am a sugar/carbohydrate addict and protein broke it. It was very weird to eat only meat/eggs/nonfat yogurt for 5 days but I had no headaches and I have energy.

and yes-- I lost about 5 lbs- so we'll see.
If I only ate what we grew on the farm-- that would pretty much fit this diet. So Donna-- you are right-- we have all we need on the farm- right in front of us.

Anonymous said...

He who wears the shoes know where it itches, so ensure your family member or loved one who is going to benefit from the services of the home health care is satisfied with the particular one you have selected for them.

Sjukvårdsrådgivning