Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Next Year

Emily and I were traveling through PA and saw fields of sunflowers.  I gave her the camera and said, "Quick, get a picture.  We need a small field of sunflowers next year.".  This first one I love because it makes me think of an impressionist painting.  Not quite Van Gogh or Monet but if you squint a little as you look at the picture you'll get the idea.

This is a better still shot.  I love the way the sunflowers face east-- or is it southeast?  I'll have to look that up.  
I did scientifically calculate the amount of garlic we'll have to plant.  About 1,250 garlic cloves to plant and 11 different varieties.  Depending on the planting method, that's somewhere around 600 linear feet of garlic to plant.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love sunflowers and hope when you do plant them that you will take a lot of pictures and by the way the ducks are so precious!!!