Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Egg Results

If you guessed the egg on the right side of the picture as the Green Akeys egg, then you were right.  Pastured poultry eggs have a deep yellow almost orange color to them. 

No statistics tonight about the eggs as the main internet is down so we are on backup.  Backup is the cellular connection that is only on the laptop facing south west in our bedroom.  It is also SLOW and when only one computer is available, I don't get much air time.

I love our dog Frank.  Granted, he still needs to be house broken a bit but he's great at his job.  I took him out with the ducks on Saturday afternoon and kept him on the leash while I showed him how I herded the ducks.  The look of realization on his face as I moved the ducks was priceless!  He instantly got down and assumed the "Lie Down" position.  Mike let him herd the ducks into their house last night and Margaret practiced again with him today.

Come By, Away to Me, Walk up, Lie Down, That'll Do----- those are some of the commands.  I'll post a video sometime of one of us working with Frank.  It's really, really, really cool!  I could totally get into trialing dogs.  It's extremely fun!

The sheep come Tuesday and Emily is getting ready to name them.


4 comments:

Blue Heron Farm said...

Really?! You say, "That'll do."????!!!!

So Babe. I love it.

Annette said...

Come by, is clockwise, away to me is counter clockwise, lie down is to lie down flat, walk up means walk towards the animals slowly

And yes, when you are done you say "That'll do".

Annette said...

Come by, is clockwise, away to me is counter clockwise, lie down is to lie down flat, walk up means walk towards the animals slowly

And yes, when you are done you say "That'll do".

Annette said...

Double posts rock.

Michael