Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ducks

Frank and I watched the ducks on Saturday.  Sunday we moved them to a new area that they will share with the Barred Rock Pullets (soon to be hens and a rooster).
We went from 16 ducks in October to 12 ducks now.  Two of them are buried in the woods in a place daddy calls the secret duck burial ground.  So sad but part of the gig.  The other two were sold to 2 nice girls.

The green is hard to catch when they move around so fast, but I love the shimmering green on the Rouen ducks and the Cayuga's.  They are soooooo pretty!
It was gorgeous this weekend!  I can't wait to start planting.  I think next week I start the seedlings.  Last year I started about 10 days too soon so I'm trying to avoid the same mistake.  My seedlings grew much faster than I expected.

1 comment:

BoogaJ said...

Ack! I haven't even bought my seeds yet! I'm making that the homeschooling project of the week since Maddie and I will be the main gardeners around here.