Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekend work

2 1/4 cups of flour + 4 eggs = the best egg noodles you've ever had.  I have a pasta maker to help roll the dough, but you can just use a rolling pin (you'll get a workout) and a knife to make pasta as well.
It is time to plant the tomato seedlings.  I did the first batch last weekend but this is the big, big batch!  I will not say how many tomato seedlings I will start as my husband will again give me a lecture.  
Although seriously, how can you only grow 1 tomato plant of a variety.  What if you love it so much that you then wish you had really grown 2-3 plants?    I mean-- I have the land to plant thousands of tomato plants!  I even have Vegetable CSA members to eat them all and the pigs and chickens love them as well!  
I just need the labor to trellis, weed and harvest.  :)


4 comments:

SteveandAlina said...

Your pasta looks delicious! Pasta is still my favorite food.

Toni aka irishlas said...

Aren't fresh egg noodles just the best? I use the rolling pin and then use a pizza cutter - and it is a workout. I'm thinking on a pasta machine..
Your seeds are much more organized than mine! But then your planting area is a LOT larger than mine :-)

BK2 said...

Amish Paste! Amish Paste! Yay! -- Marylin

alexis nicole said...

Oh, I love the picture of that big basket of eggs and your beautiful pasta!
I miss the farm life. I'm a city girl now but I grew up on a farm.
Great Blog!