Monday, September 1, 2008

My vacation

This is the first part of what I did on vacation.  Sauce to the left, beans in the middle, pickles on the end.  I'm in love with canning.
Stewed tomatoes that i just finished this morning with my new best friend!
One of my cabbages--- I only grew 5-6 cabbages-- I am doing something wrong!
Bok Choi
My new best friend-- Mr Pressure Steamer.  I thought I was going to die when I used it this morning.  I watched the pressure gauge like I was in charge of a nuclear reactor.  I survived and love it.
You need to keep the pressure at 10 PSI.
These tomatoes are such a pretty pink--- I love them.
Ocean City photo....
More Ocean City.

fishing in ocean city.  Kevin caught a flounder!
Me knitting while everyone else fishes--- I don't really like to fish.
Kids fishing.
Pumpkins growing!  
Stuffer tomatoes- they look like green peppers but are tomatoes.
Stuffed tomatoes with rice, zucchini, tomatoes and cheese!  mMMMMMM
Close up.
Mickey-- he is a very friendly cat and hangs around the house and did manage to get inside once so far.
Cats are doing their job.  I could have posted a few with them eating another vole/mouse but I'm still creeped out by it.  Mike says I need to learn how to pick them up with a shovel and throw them in the field.  Yuck... although I am getting better with bugs.  I now tolerate them.
Margaret with Mickey.  He follows us around like a dog.  Clean barn!


Mickey at his spot on the windowsill in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Aweber9 said...

sounds like we had similar vacations - I made about 30 jars of blueberry preserves with hand-picked berries. Made some peach preserves too!